Monday, March 31, 2014

Another stencil card

Just playing today, using another of the set of strip stencils that I just found, this one another leaf motif.  I decided to use a rainbox color scheme.


So I pulled out all distress inks and finger daubers and stencilled my way across the panel, lifting and repositioning the stencil and changing ink colors each time.  After trimming that panel to just inside an A2 size, I die-cut out the scalloped rectangle, then inserted it back in and put both pieces into an argyle embossing folder, which fits the stencil pattern pretty well.  The original idea was to use the larger piece as a kind of frame and I would stamp my sentiment on the top of my card base and pop the stencilled embossed panel above it.  Just for fun I decided to stamp the sentiment on the small die-cut, and I like it better that way, for some reason, maybe because you have to look closer when you see that they're not on the same height?  But it still needed something, and my solution was these die-cut butterflies layered on top of each other.

supplies: Plaid stencil strip, festive berries, spiced marmalade, mustard seed, mowed lawn, and faded jeans distress inks, Nesties scalloped rectangles die, old Hero Arts wood stamp from 2001, Happy Birthday Message, Versafine onyx black ink, Simon's Chrissy and Leanna butterfly dies, lots of thick pop-dots

I'm entering this into Moxie Fab World's Styling with Stencils challenge.

As always, thanks so much for stopping by!

11 comments:

Susanne Vargas said...

I think you can never go wrong with rainbow colors! Love your stenciling, the dry embossing on top of it, the delicate butterfly and the frame! Very clever!

joy said...

Aren't you the clever one? I did have to look twice to see the raised frame over the sentiment piece. Love the rainbow colors.

Tenia Nelson said...

Very pretty card!!

Jackie said...

I like it! The rainbow colors are so pretty and the embossing looks really good with that pattern.

Karin Åkesdotter said...

This is Fabulous Lin! Had to look twice to see which panel was on top of the other (-: !
Wishing you a great week, hugs, Karin

Lisa Elton said...

Love you rainbow of colors Lin, this is so pretty!

Tracey McNeely said...

This is stunning Lin, just gorgeous!

Robin K. said...

Love the optical illusion! That butterfly looks stunning against the rainbow bg!

Darnell said...

Incredible, Lin! You really do have to look closely and then I found I couldn't tear my eyes away!! The second image didn't load on my monitor, but the first image was enough to blow me away!! Hugs, Darnell

Barb Ghig said...

Hi Lin,
The 2nd image didn't load on my pc either, but the 1st one is amazing! So many clever and fun techniques...and it turned out beautifully! Lovely spring pastels, and I love your butterfly, too!

Cat Craig said...

Gorgeous Lin.